Friday, July 11, 2014

SC Sunday Sketch...You Make Me Happy

I just recently started getting the card kit from Studio Calico and I am challenging myself to use the entire kits. No hoarding allowed. We'll see how that goes. LOL!



I also decided to check out the challenges for Studio Calico. I love sketch challenges, they are my all time favorites. Here is my first SC Sketch Challenge card. I pulled out some older Stampin Up background stamps that haven't been inked in years. I still love this stamp with all the wonderful words in fun fonts. I was going for a bold black and white design with just a hint of color. I stamped it on Whisper White with VersaFine black ink. I love VersaFine ink on clear stamps. I used the frame die from the Hello, Hello kit to cut out several layers of black card stock and layered them. Then I used the coordinating stamp for the top layer and glued that on top of the black layers. The ink color is Calypso Coral (SU!). The black striped ribbon is and teal twine is from the Penny Arcade kit. That striped ribbon is what gave me the idea to go with black and white. Love it! The little pennant die is from Penny Arcade as well as the cute little sentiment stamp. I also added a touch of lace from my stash. And I went with the sequin craze and pulled out a few teal sequins from my kids craft stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment