Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sunflowers and Mugs

I finally finished the bag my neighbor asked me to make.



She wanted a normal sized purse with a divider. She also requested yellows and browns.



I found some gorgeous fabrics at Joann Fabrics that I knew would be perfect. The yellow fabric has sunflowers. She loves flowers so I knew she would love this fabric. I found a coordinating brown pattern and green pattern. I tend to be drawn to bold and bright colors with modern patterns, but I have to say I just love these fabrics.

I created the bag pattern myself. It is a pretty basic pattern. It took me some time to figure out the divider part. But I finally came up with something that I think will work for her. The finished size is about 10 inches wide by 8 inches high and 4 inches deep.

I also took some pictures of another bag I made a while ago using some gorgeous fabric with mugs printed on it.



I really love the colors in this fabric. I love anything coffee/mug themed. Yep, a big surprise there. LOL! I have a bunch of coffee themed fabric, but I have a hard time cutting into it. The bag pattern is from Simplicity. I got it at Joann Fabrics when they were running one of their pattern sales for either a buck or two per pattern.

Anyway, once I cut out the pattern I knew which fabric I wanted to use for this one. I found some dark brown with white polka dots to go with it and I lined the bag with some tea dyed muslin.



Although the pattern didn't have them, I added lots of pockets on the inside of this one. It would be perfect to tote around a small laptop or tablet computer plus some other essentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment